Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Celebrating Sixty

Location: Dallas, Texas
August 14, 2010
Adventure #27

Besides this new blog, I have my old staple blog: “I Love My Country, but I Think We Should See Other People.” And while that is its proper title, Mike and I refer to it as something different: The Pops Blob.

Pops is Mike’s vivacious grandfather, with whom he shares many wonderful personality traits, like the ability to maintain a jolly disposition always. Another thing everyone should know about Pops is he, aside from my own parents, is assuredly the biggest fan of my blogs or my “blobs" as he sometimes refers to them. If I am slacking on making entries, I always know Pop will have something to say about it, which keeps me quite motivated. Thus, Mike started fittingly calling my blog the “Pops blob” in his honor. It is only fitting that I should devote an entry to him.

During our stop in Dallas we had a wonderful opportunity to observe an impressive milestone in Pops and his wife Mimi's life that deserves a mention. On August 11, Pops and Mimi’s enjoyed their 60th wedding anniversary - wow! To celebrate, our family hosted an intimate, lovely party in their honor. What made the occasion extra special was that the next day was Mike and my anniversary, so it was moving to think about our infant marriage compared with this happy, mature 60-year strong one and all the things Mike and I have to look forward to. As Mimi told me on the day of her party, Pops has always been sweet to her throughout their entire marriage, and Michael has the same kindness. I’d say that’s a pretty auspicious thing for me to remember for the next 59 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment