Saturday, March 12, 2011

Shakin' It All Night Long

Location: Buda
Date: February 2011
Adventure #48

If 1980s theme parties have helped me realize one personal truth, it would be that my hair was meant to be teased! Thanks to my friends Mats and Zsofi, I had the opportunity to let my voluptuous hair down and trip the light fantastic to fantastic '80s tunes at their hilarious party last month. I know most people in the '80s did not look/dress like this all the time, but what good is a theme party if you don't take it to the extreme?

We revived fabulous looks from the decade, including party girl and Boy George - thanks Zsofi and Mats:

The Olivia Newton-John aerobic girl:

Who you gonna call ... for some man mid-drift:

And my friend Kinga even busted out a Walkman for the occasion:

As we laughed, applied too much make up, teased our hair and danced, danced, danced, heaven truly was a place on earth. Thanks 1980s for being a decade that is just so fun to make fun of.

Now I am waiting for a '90s party, where I plan on wearing a highlighter-hued windsuit that will incessently make a "whoosing" sound while I dance to Ace of Base, Spice Girls and Salt'N'Peppa.

1 comment:

  1. For my hubby's bday next month, I'm doing an 80s theme party too! Everyone had better dress up!!

    ReplyDelete