Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Heading for the Hills

Location: Buda Hills
October 23, 2010
Adventure #37

Surrounded by flaxen trees and the quiet pitter patter of Pollock's feet scuttling through crisp fallen leaves, I was happier and more relaxed than I had been in a long while. My little family joined a group of friends at my buddy David's house, which is in the Buda hills. From there, with just a couple minutes of walking, we had access to lovely, secluded trails.

With David's large, fluffy dog, Chica, leading the way, Pollock happily pranced through the forest without a leash - rarely leaving my heels. You can barely see him in the picture below, because his fur color (called "wild boar") camouflages him with the earth - making him the ideal hunting dog he was bred to be. However, since Mike and I aren't much for hunting, he'll have to stick with chasing down pigeons in my neighborhood. Before the snow starts falling this winter, we'll have to get back up in the hills. It was a nice reminder that in addition to Budapest's bustling urban life and culture, it manages to boast some refreshing nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment